BlackRock Digital Asset Managing Ecosystem Launched Blockchain ETF in Europe

Blockchain ETF

  • BlackRock is achieving an unprecedented milestone in the global crypto industry. 
  •  BlackRock launched ETF in Europe for the betterment of the Crypto industry. 

Blackrock is ranked as the global largest assets manager, and the company has launched a blockchain ETF in Europe. The established ETF will focus on major sector companies and offer Coinbase, Galaxy Digital, and Marathon Digital.   

iShare Blockchain Technology is what UCITS ETF is called, and the funds enable European clients to gain exposure to the blockchain space via important companies in the industry.   

 The ETF is identical to the ETF launched by BlackRock in the United States. The assets manager believes that the recently launched  ETF has a strong future; product Strategist Omar Mufti stated the statement.

Further, Omar highlighted, “We believe digital assets and blockchain technologies are going to become increasingly relevant for our clients as use cases develop in scope, scale, and complexity.”

The ETF comprises 35 blockchain firms, with the larger portion allocated towards Coinbase, Galaxy Digital, and Marathon Digital. The other firms in the fund incorporate Nvidia, IBM, and PayPal. However, around 75% of firms are exchanges or mining-related, while the remaining 25% support the ecosystem.       

Earlier this year, in August, Coinbase and BlackRock collaborated for the betterment of the crypto industry. This collaboration news came out during the crypto market crash. Coinbase also noted its share was down by 60% this year. The collaboration of both companies will allow crypto trading. 

The former BlackRock senior executive, Terrence R. Keeley, published an opinion commentary on September 12, 2022. He indicated, “Trillions of dollars have poured into environmental, social and governance (ESG) funds in recent years. In 2021 alone, the figure grew $8 billion a day.”

He added that “Bloomberg Intelligence projects more than one-third of all globally managed assets could carry explicit ESG labels by 2025, amounting to more than $50 trillion. Yet for a pervasive financial phenomenon, there is astonishingly little evidence of its tangible benefit.”