Rapper Travis Scott mounted his return to the music industry Wednesday with the announcement of several public performances, his first since 10 people were killed and hundreds were injured in a crowd surge at a music festival he headlined five months ago.
Scott’s first public show since the November Astroworld incident will take place next month at the E11even nightclub in Miami, while the city hosts the Grand Prix.
Scott was also announced as a headliner at three installations of the Primavera Sound Festival happening in November in São Paulo, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Santiago, Chile.
Last week, Scott was featured on a single, “Hold That Heat,” with Future and Southside—his first major release since the tragedy.
Earlier this month, billboards appeared in California seemingly to promote his long-delayed album Utopia, Variety reported, though it’s not clear when the work will be released.
Scott stepped back from the public eye after the Astroworld incident, which was caused by a crowd surge while Scott was performing at the Houston-area festival. In December, 275 lawsuits from victims against Scott, Astroworld organizer Live Nation and other entities were combined into a single case, which is reportedly still in its early stages. In February, a gag order was issued to limit how much attorneys and clients can say about the case. Scott was accused of violating this order last month when he took to social media to launch Project HEAL, a youth initiative that includes solutions for event safety. While announcing the project, Scott said he has spent the last few months to grieve and said “I will always honor the victims of the Astroworld tragedy who remain in my heart forever.” Scott has performed at some small, private events this year, according to Entertainment Tonight.