London-based venture capital (VC) firm Blossom Capital has raised $432 million to invest in early-stage technology startups in Europe, including crypto, according to a Bloomberg report published on Tuesday.
- The VC has earmarked one-third of the funding for crypto investment, according to the report.
- “We aren’t looking to just invest in crypto assets, we are also eyeing equity stakes in early-stage companies developing crypto infrastructure,” founder Ophelia Brown said.
- One of Blossom Capital’s most notable investments in the crypto sphere is payments infrastructure company Moonpay. In November, Moonpay raised $555 million at a valuation of $3.4 billion.
- The round was led by Coatue and Tiger Global with participation from Blossom Capital, Paradigm, NEA and Thrive.
- The VC has also invested in video scaling platform api.video, automation firm Aurelia, and payments portal Checkout.com, according to its website.
- Blossom Capital did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Read more: Payments Infrastructure Firm MoonPay Raises $555M at a $3.4B Valuation